Monday, May 17, 2010

A Little Scare...

We made it home Sunday night around 10:30 or so and got to bed before midnight. I got Sophie out of bed around 8:30am on Monday morning and as we were coming down the steps my feet slipped out from under me on about the third step from the bottom. I fell straight back on my tailbone and lower back, but managed to keep Sophie safe. It knocked the breathe out of me, but I had no time to whine since I needed to comfort Sophie. The fall just scared her and she might have bit her tongue just a little, but was okay. I called Dad and he brought Mom over right away. I was hurting, but more than anything worried about Sutton. 
When I talked to the nurse she seemed to think everything would be okay since I had only fallen down three steps and landed on my back. I laid on my side and felt him move so I felt good about that. They wanted me to come on in at 11:15am to make sure everything was okay. Mom went to the doctor with me and we dropped Sophie off at Nanny's in Eagleville. 
We heard Sutton's heartbeat (and could hear that he was moving). I was just over 22 weeks along, and if I had been 24 weeks or more they would have been more worried. Apparently there is more of a chance of damaging the placenta after 24 weeks. They didn't even need to do an ultrasound (if I had been 2 more weeks along I would have had to stay at the hospital for 4 hours of monitoring). 
So everything is fine. I was pretty sore for a few days, but it seems to going away. I am just thankful that Sophie and Sutton were fine. Needless to say, I will be more careful coming down the stairs and avoiding it when I can!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Glad to hear that all three of you made it through the fall just fine.