Thursday, April 1, 2010

What a day...

Thursday Sophie and I got up a little too early (6:15am) and were thrown off on our schedule. After lunch we had our baths and Sophie didn't make it long before she fell asleep on me (on the couch). I hadn't even really gotten dressed and she was in her diaper. I had put her on the other side of the couch and was on the computer next to her so she didn't roll off. The doorbell started ringing (a lot) and I was trying not to let it wake her and trying to see out the window who was there. 
It was my neighbor, Mrs. Jones (who is 77 years old and not in the best health). She had blood all over her face and was obviously in pain. She had fallen while trying to pick a weed and hit a brick in the yard. Mr. Jones had left to pick them up something to eat and he isn't in any shape to help her walk either (I couldn't really be lifting her since I'm pregnant). She said she was just going to have him call 911 (the gash above her eye was deep and bleeding a lot). I went ahead and started the process and the fire truck and ambulance got here before Mr. Jones made it back. First the fire trucks (with the sirens that woke Sophie up). One of my students from teaching at MTSU (and a good friend of James and Amber) was a fireman who came. Then another student that I taught at the same time was a paramedic with the ambulance service. What a coincidence! I know I am in good hands if we ever have an emergency. Mrs. Jones stayed overnight at the hospital and not sure if she is going to have to stay again tonight. Keep them in your prayers. 
Of course I grab the camera as they are leaving to capture the moment. Thought I would get the beautiful tulips Chad planted. I love spring:)


No comments: