Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sophie and Meet Elise!

Sophie and I drove down to Atlanta on Wednesday morning to visit Kristin, Jeff and Elise. She turned 6 weeks old today and is just precious. We got there in time for lunch - BBQ out on the patio. Sophie liked Elise's stroller and really thought she was helping push. We walked to the park after Elise ate and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Sophie is doing really well on the playgrounds now. She can get up the steps and go down the slides on her own (I even let her go down the big one all by herself and she wasn't scared at all). Jeff is in the middle of finals in grad school so we didn't get to see him that much, but Sophie had a good time with him during that short time.
We had an interesting night. I didn't push Sophie to sleep in the pack and play since it was a strange place and she started crying when I put her in (even though she acted like she wanted to). Anyway, she tossed and turned so much was never in a deep sleep. I had to get up to use the bathroom (a very common thing these days) and she immediately woke up and got scared...so we sat on the toilet together. She screamed for a bit and then passed some gas. She finally fell asleep with her head on lap and her body sideways. She actually slept like that for the rest of the night. Of course, that meant I was on my back which isn't the most comfortable right now. Needless to say, I didn't get quality sleep. 
We went to the park again this morning, ate lunch and then headed back to Murfreesboro. We had a great time!






No comments: