Friday, April 23, 2010

It's a...

BOY!!! 
Grandmama and Grandaddy rode with Sophie and I to the doctor's appointment (Chad met us there straight from work). We met up with Aunt Morgan and Karlee for lunch at Bishop's before the appointment and enjoyed the beautiful day eating outside. 
As soon as I got signed in they called me back for the ultrasound. Aunt Jennifer, Luke and Nanny were finishing up Jen's 6 week check up appointment and joined the crowd in the waiting room while Chad and I went back. 
Aunt Annie stopped in to say hello so I think we got a little special treatment. The ultrasound lady was really nice and agreed to let Mom, Dad and Ginger come in to look at the ultrasound after we found out. I figured it would be at the very end, but she ended up showing us in the middle. I could tell she was moving around at the bottom and asked if she was going to be able to tell and she quickly said yes. I asked if she knew already and she said "no" without looking at me, but I knew she was trying not to tell me. At that point I kind of guessed it might be a boy. When she showed us the "parts" it was very obvious. I screamed pretty loudly and got a little emotional...we were so excited! Aunt Annie and my nurse popped their head in the door to see what we were having after hearing my reaction:) They went out to get Mom, Dad, Ginger and Sophie. It didn't take long for them to figure out what it was (although mom needed a little confirmation...said she didn't realize it would look that big). You can only imagine what Chad had to say to that:) Mom had the same reaction I did and had to be quietened down by the lady. Sophie got scared by their reactions and started crying. It was okay since we still had some more measurements for the ultrasound and didn't need the crowd. 
Needless to say, we were all thrilled. This is Mom and Dad's first grandson so they are pretty excited.  Mom pulled out the orange and white polo outfit from her purse in the ultrasound room. She seemed pretty confident that we were having a boy. Nanny had a boy and girl balloon in the car and brought the "baby boy" in when we were finished. 
We made a cute cell phone video of Sophie saying that she is having a brother. Of course she doesn't say it perfectly, but it is pretty darn cute!







2 comments:

Through Mommy's Eyes said...

We are so excited for you guys! You are going to love having a boy! They are so active and energetic but even better... THEY LOVE THEIR MOMMY'S soooo much!

Amber said...

YAY!!!! We are soooooo excited!!!! We love all four of you!
Love,
Aunt Amber, Uncle James, Karlee and Katelyn