Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vandy on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in the Spring...

After the zoo we stopped by the popsicle place on 12 Ave South and then headed to the AOII house at Vandy. I volunteered Chad to hook up the Wii since the girls were having a hard time moving the TV (oh...I am President of Corp Board who deals with house stuff). Anyway, we get there and I was like...what is going on today? Really it was just a beautiful Saturday and the fraternities had music playing and people all out on the lawns. Lots of short dresses and shirtless guys. It is amazing how quickly I have forgotten what it was like to live in the middle of all that. The house director came to assist (good thing b/c I was busy keeping Sophie out of everything). The HD had just been dealing with ZBT trying to get them to stop throwing beer cans on our lawn.

When I took Sophie out to the car to change her diaper I made a walk around the yard and there were more beer cans. I decided to throw them back at the guys (and girls) dancing on a table toward the back of the dance party they were having. So there I am heaving the beer cans over the fence with Sophie on my hip. They quickly noticed what was happening as I was yelling that they had to stop throwing them in our yard. I'm sure I was super intimidating. Wasn't long before another beer can came flying our way and then a shirtless guy with pink shorts comes over to apologize and say he is trying to keep them under control. I think I might have scared Sophie a little. 

The random picture is of the new front door we had replaced at the house (and the back door also). They look really nice and the locks have a system that doesn't require both hands. Only you AOII readers will really care.

No comments: