Thursday, March 11, 2010

Luke's Arrival!!!

Jennifer was scheduled for a c-section on the 12th at 7:30am, but we got a call Thursday morning saying she was in labor and Dr. Scott was going to deliver Luke today! It was about 7:15am and I was still laying in bed, but jumped up at got in the shower and started getting ready. Sophie and I got to the hospital around 9:45am and they were going to take Jennifer back for surgery at 11am. We got to visit for a minute and then went to the waiting room where Grant and Sophie snacked, wrestled and stood on their head:) 
Luke was born at 11:11am on 3/11/10 and weighed 9lbs 4oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He was a big boy!!! He has totally skipped the newborn diapers and is already in size 1. We watched through the nursery window as they cleaned him up and took all the measurements, but it was going to be at least an hour before we could go back and see him and Jennifer (new rule at the hospital). Sophie was tired and hungry so I took the opportunity to take her to Grandmama (at Amber's house). I was able to stop and pick up lunch and get back in plenty of time to get my turn with Luke. Sophie got to eat lunch, but didn't actually take a nap (little nosey doesn't want to miss out on anything). 
I went to pick up Sophie (and try to take a nap myself) and then met Chad back at the hospital when he got off work. Everyone had it worked out to be off on Friday morning, but the unexpected delivery threw everyone off so a lot of visitors came in the evening. 
Luke is absolutely perfect and precious. He and Grant look like night and day. I want to get some new born pictures of Grant to show the difference. Sophie is excited about her new little cousin although the hospital was not her favorite place during the morning (if you will notice I let her have the paci a few times...not an appropriate place to be screaming and crying). When we went back in the evening she was fine, but I also let her down and she ended up laying in the floor in the room (I know...so bad). 




















No comments: