Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jenny's Baby Shower

After church, Sophie and I went to Nashville to Jenny's baby shower (8 more weeks till little Marlee gets here). Brittany came into town to host the shower and did an amazing job. She went with a storybook theme and really carried the theme throughout. All the food had little meanings that went along with a story and she even had very creative games that we played. 

Sophie was pretty good. I had debated whether or not to take her since Sunday's are a long day and we had been out to Nanny and Grandpa's for breakfast that morning. Anyway, I will say it is a lot harder to keep up with a very active, walking/running 16 month old when you are by yourself. I am almost always with someone else who can watch Sophie (or catch her if she runs off) when I am attending things like this. I was a little worn out when it was all over and Sophie was exhausted too. We had a great time visiting with Brittany, Jenny and Lauren. Oh...you might notice Sophie had her paci in her mouth...I gave in this time and let her have it at the end. She was so ready to go to sleep and I needed her to make it just a little longer.







No comments: