Friday, March 5, 2010

Karlee and Sophie's Sleepover

Amber and James went to see Mama Mia on Friday night and we watched Karlee. Since they would get out the show late I suggested she let Karlee stay the night with us. We went to the World Day of Prayer service at church. It started at 7pm (Karlee's bedtime), but we braved it anyway. Karlee had a break down as soon as it started and Sophie wasn't far behind...they were so tired. I was in the nursery with Karlee and Chad brought Sophie back too. I just stayed in there with them and didn't even try to go back. We had refreshments afterwards and they were wild when I let them get down...I have to admit it is a lot harder to have two kids who can walk than I thought. We survived though.

When we got home I had to make the second layer of Grants birthday cake so I let them play a little. Chad watched Sophie while I took Karlee up to put her to bed (the pack-n-play in the guest bedroom). We rocked and read books and I finally tried to put her down. She begged me...Jodi please, Jodi please, Jodi please...broke my heart. Amber told me to let her cry it out, but I had a hard time. After about three times I finally left her. She stopped crying and went to sleep in less than 5 minutes. Sophie and I fell asleep on the couch while Chad started decorating the birthday cake (I didn't follow Babywise close enough to get Sophie to fall asleep on her own in her bed). Chad took Sophie to bed around midnight and I tried to go to sleep, but had a horrible headache. I ended up staying up with him till 2am when he finished the cake...should've known that was a bad idea. Karlee woke up crying at 4:45am and it woke Sophie up. I held Karlee on one couch while Chad had Sophie on the other. Once they both calmed down I switched and Chad put Karlee back to bed. She cried a little but fell asleep pretty quickly. I didn't want to take any chance so we put Sophie in the bed with us. 

We got up and had breakfast (pretty messy) and then Amber and James gave them a bath when they got here. It was a fun sleep over, but I think we will be waiting till they get a little older to do this on a regular basis. Okay...way too much information...sorry for the rambling.


1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh how Karlee loves her Aunt Jodi, Uncle Chad and Sophie!!! Thanks so much for watching her for us...sorry she didn't sleep that well. But thanks for comforting her! Love you guys!