Saturday, August 7, 2010

Visiting Mamaw Rhea

Chad, Sophie and I left for Sevierville when he got off work on Friday. We drove straight in and stayed the night with Aunt Joan and Big Dave (who Sophie calls Papaw). We got in close to 10pm (eastern time) and already past Sophie's bedtime. Of course she was wired and when we finally got her down to bed (in the crib they at their house for Trey) we ended up having to wake her up to change a poopy diaper (we could smell as soon as we came up the stairs). Of course she was not happy and wouldn't go back to the crib so we just let her sleep with us...never a good idea. None of us got much sleep and I moved to the other bed around 6am only to wake up to her crying b/c she fell out of the bed around 8:45am. She was fine...just scared. Big Dave made a big breakfast and we got ready to go see Mamaw. We didn't manage to get any pictures before we left Aunt Joan's b/c Sophie was so tired and having a meltdown. It is amazing how lack of sleep can affect a child (and adult). 
Mamaw was looking great and in such good spirits when we went to visit. She is an amazing woman with so much faith. They had given her a bath before we came and from the way she was acting it was hard to believe she was in such bad shape. They have decided not to tell her the time frame the doctors gave her, which is probably best. She has her hospital bed set up next to the window so she can see out and has been reading a devotional. Dad said she got up to walk to the bathroom with her walker (with James and my Dad helping)...said she can build strength back in her legs if she gets up. We had a good visit and it was good to see her in such good spirits. I only cried when I was saying bye and she was saying how excited she was for Sutton to come and for me to call when I go to the hospital. The sad thing is that she may not be here then. She didn't know why I was crying and I tried to hold it in, but it might be the last time I see her. Please keep everyone in your prayers. I know it is going to be a hard couple of months.



No comments: