Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mamaw Rhea is in Heaven Now...

Dad called at 2:15am to tell me that Mamaw had passed away. I guess it had gotten bad last night because they called in the hospice nurse and she was there when it happened. Dad said that everyone was there and they were singing Amazing Grace when she took her last breath. She had started having a hard time breathing this weekend and started having pain in her back and stomach on Sunday. It is hard to describe how I feel right now because I am glad that it wasn't drawn out and she didn't have to suffer long, but at the same time it is sad that she is gone. I know she is in a much better place and with her family members who have gone before her. She is such a strong, independent woman and I think she would have wanted it this way. She refused to have a wheelchair it would have been hard for her to lay there for months not being able to do anything for herself. 
I am so thankful that she was feeling well for the first week she was out of the hospital and we were able to visit with her before she started having trouble breathing and was in pain. She will be greatly missed here on earth, but we know we will see her again in Heaven one day! 
Chad is trying to work out his schedule with work and Dad is meeting to finalize the funeral plans around 1pm today, but as of now I think the visitation and funeral will be tomorrow night and the burial on Thursday. We will definitely be there by tomorrow night, but might leave tonight. Please keep my Dad and his siblings in your prayers as they spend the next few days saying goodbye and honoring their mother. 

1 comment:

Heather Allen said...

I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.