Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anticipation...

The end of this pregnancy is so different than with Sophie. With Sophie we didn't know what to expect and my water broke almost 3 weeks early and we didn't even have a bag packed or the carseat in the car. It all worked out perfectly...we didn't have to worry about it happening any day and when it did happen things went smoothly. Didn't have time to worry too much. 

So now that I know it could happen early that means I have to really think about it for a good 3 1/2 weeks wondering each night if it is going to happen. After my appointment on Wednesday I wasn't feeling great and for the first time thought...this really could happen soon. I still haven't packed a bag (I know, Aunt Joan, I need to) but at least the clothes I want to take are clean. Still need to get the carseat in my car and wash Sutton's clothes in Dreft (forgot about that part). I did charge the camera battery and check the video camera battery the other night. 

Chad was acting kind of weird Wednesday night and I didn't know if he just thought I was over reacting (in all reality it could be another 2 weeks before Sutton arrives). I am not claiming to be in labor or anything...just trying to be aware of any changes in my body and be ready when it happens. Chad said he just had it in his head we would make it through this weekend and just thought he would be born in September. He explained his feelings of being anxious as feeling like he was about to open a present in front of someone and not sure he was going to like it or the feeling of someone throwing him a surprise party. Not that Sutton is an unwanted present...just that he doesn't have control over the situation and can't plan for anything. I hadn't really thought about it like that, but this is Chad's personality. It worked out that he never had time to be anxious when Sophie was born so this is a new feeling. So not only do we have to worry about getting ourselves packed and to the hospital, but we also have Sophie to take care of. I'm not so worried about her as long as Grandmama can answer her phone in the middle of the night (or during the day for that matter). For now we will try not to be too anxious. This could be a long 2 weeks:)

No comments: