Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Baby Shower for Katelyn

We celebrated the upcoming arrival of baby Katelyn at James and Amber's house on Sunday. We just had a small family get together and had a great time. Morgan found some cute plates and napkins and Chad took the pattern and decorated accordingly. The flowers looked amazing and the cake looked so much like the plates and napkins! I baked the cakes and Chad decorated (in between all his bible school work he was doing). We had chicken salad croissants, spinach dip, cheese and crackers, and fruit in the watermelon stroller (also made by Chad). You may not realize how big that watermelon is, but Mom picked out a 30lb watermelon from a fruit stand down the road so it really could have been a "double stroller." 
Everything was going well. Katelyn got a lot of cute things (even Sophie and Karlee got a few presents). Then Sophie started whining and wanting to lay on me. I thought she was feeling a little warm (she has been cutting 1 year molars so I was used to a low grade fever) but didn't think too much about it. Until....she threw up all over me and Cousin David! I was in between Chad and David and Sophie was turned toward him when she got sick. Chad quickly took Sophie to make sure she got cleaned up and was okay. I had to wait on Mom to get the camera and take a picture before she helped us get up without making a bigger mess. Luckily Amber had a few maternity things I could fit into and I showered off. Mom took care of laundry (thank goodness Amber had slip covers). Sophie fell asleep on Chad pretty quickly and then he transferred her to me so that he could go work on bible school decorations at the church (I was supposed to decorate my room that night). Mom stayed with me to make sure Sophie was okay and I had an extra hand. We ended up staying at Amber's for a few more hours (didn't want her getting sick in the car). She threw up a few more times (I was able to catch it this time), but then felt better by the end and was playing before we left. Mom rode home with me and we stopped by the church to see Chad and give him left overs for dinner. Sophie didn't get sick the rest of the night and slept fine through the night. 








No comments: