Friday, June 4, 2010

19 Months Old...

Sophie has been entertaining herself with my underwear (fortunately the clean ones out of my drawer) since about Christmas time. She pulls them out of the drawer and stacks them in one place and then moves them to another. Recently she has been putting them around her neck and this is the result of 10 pair of underwear and one slip:) She cracks me up since she can't get them off and comes to me to take them off. 
This month has flown by and Sophie is learning more and more each day. Her vocabulary is increasing everyday and she is pretty good at trying almost any word we tell her to say. It might not be perfect of understandable to everyone, but she will make an attempt. She also has quiet at bit of words that she says on her own without any prompting. My favorite is "I Love You" which sounds more like iluvya and "amen". She will say amen out loud after the prayers at church and before I put her to bed. I have noticed that she is really listening to everything that is being said around her. I will be talking to Chad or whoever is in the car with me and say someone's name and she repeats it and starts naming the rest of the family. She is a little sponge! I'm sure there is a lot more things I'm not thinking of right now, but I will keep you posted:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture and story! She's sooo adorable! Aunt Joan