Monday, December 20, 2010

Things We Hear Often...

Sophie is talking up a storm these days. I have been meaning to write a post about some of the things we have been hearing.

"It will make you feel better"
One of the sweetest things she has said during my sickness the past month was "It will make you feel better Mama." It started the first Sunday when she and Nanny made me a get well soon card in Sunday School and she brought it home to me and said that. There were several other things she "made" for me that "made me feel better." She colored a picture at the PSF Christmas dinner and brought it home to me. The next day she wanted me to pick her up and I reminded her that Mama's belly hurt and I couldn't. She immediately went looking for the picture she colored and brought it to me saying..."It will make you feel better." I wish that was all it took!!!

"I wanna sing my God song"
Amber gave Sophie a Cd from her church last year for Christmas and we have listened to it off and on, but Sophie has really gotten into it the past few months. She relates it to being in Amber's car and going to the zoo b/c she and Karlee had fun listening to it one time this summer when Amber took them to the zoo. Now she asks for it every time we get in the car. Her "God song" goes "Whoooo loves you? Who loves you? and then kids sing "God." Karlee has been singing along to the songs for a while now, but Sophie is finally starting to sing. I didn't realize how many of the songs she knows even though she wasn't singing along the whole time. It is amazing how much kids pick up on when you don't realize it.

"Don't spank my legs"
If you are ever around us long enough you may think we beat our child, but we really don't have to actually spank her very often. Chad started the counting to 3 thing shortly after my surgery and I'm glad he did b/c it came in handy when I was home with her by myself and couldn't pick her up. We start counting and she starts saying "don't pank my legs" as she hits her legs herself. I tell her that I won't if she will listen and do what I say. She almost always waits until we are about to say 3 before she obeys. She really does test us to see how much she can get by with.

"I wake up"
Somehow Sophie got on this kick of saying "I wake up." I think it must be b/c we would talk to her about what she was going to do when she woke up in the morning as we were putting her to bed. She would come down the stairs in the morning and say "I wake up Mama (or Daddy)." I didn't like hearing this in the middle of the night! She went through a phase where she would just come downstairs in the middle of the night and be wide awake asking for milk, Mickey and a waffle. I had to convince her that just because she woke up didn't mean it was time to start the morning routine.

"My Christmas Tree!"
Sophie really took ownership of the tree this year. She was so proud of it and excited about it. She would  refer to it as "my Christmas tree." She did a good job of leaving the ornaments alone messed with a few.

"Daddy fix it when he gets home from work"
I guess I must have told her that Daddy would fix something one time b/c now she says that for anything that goes wrong. Some things I really do plan to have him take care of when he gets home, but she gets a little carried away. If she breaks a crayon or tears a sticker she says that "daddy fix it when he gets home."

I'm sure there are more that I'm not remembering right now. She is constantly surprising me with the things she says and does.

1 comment:

Bekah Craig said...

So sweet! I linked to your blog from Christin Bryant's blog. I didn't realize you had one. It was good to read what's going on with you all. Hope to see you at Wild Things again soon. I love the Halloween photo!