Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sutton Rolls Over

 I was reading another blog (The Bolden's) about their son's 4 month checkup and milestones and all that and realized that I hadn't put Sutton down for tummy time in a while. It is amazing how easy it is to forget about these things with a second child. It isn't easy to have him laying around on the floor with Sophie jumping around him:) Anyway...as soon as I put him down he rolled over from his stomach to his back.
Sutton and I were home by ourselves when it first happened so we had to show Daddy and Sophie when they got home. Sophie was pretty cute trying to get him to "do it again." She even laid down beside him to show him how. He got tired pretty quickly and didn't want to do it anymore so Sophie pulled his arm and made him do it:)
I don't think it will be long before he rolls from back to stomach (if I ever put him down in the floor long enough). I forgot to post about him rolling off the couch last week. It was a little traumatic for me (and Sophie) but Sutton is okay. I had put him on the couch on his back (but propped on a pillow) and he must have lifted his head up and tumbled over. I was just going to the kitchen to fix Sophie some milk and it took a little longer since she grabbed a hard boiled egg and was beating it on the kitchen floor. Sutton cried pretty hard and I was visibly in distress so Sophie was crying and saying "it's okay buddy...you're okay." She then told everyone that "Sutton fell off couch." Can't keep secrets around a 2 year old!!

No comments: