Monday, December 13, 2010

Sophie Going to Bed on Her Own...

 We have had some problems with Sophie coming downstairs after we put her to bed. A lot of times we know when she isn't really ready to stay in bed so we expect it. Sometimes one of us stays in the bed with her long enough that we actually fall asleep too (and the other comes to wake). This night Sophie kept coming downstairs and after taking her back twice we told her she had to go get in her bed. She didn't come back down and we thought it was too good to be true so Chad went to check before we went to bed. He found her at the top on the steps outside her bedroom just laid out on the floor.
I had him take a picture to show me so I didn't have to walk up there:) He moved her to bed and she stayed asleep...thank goodness. I don't know why, but Sophie has also been waking up in the middle of the night and coming downstairs. She will be wide awake and say..."I wake up Mama." I will say...Yes, you did, but it is not morning and you have to go back to bed. She doesn't cry or pitch a fit. The whole process is very calm and kind of sweet the way she will say "okay Mama." I think she is excited to do her morning routine and thinks when she wakes up (no matter what time) she can start her routine. If we ask her what she is going to do in the morning when she wakes up she says "Eat breakfast, eat my waffle and watch Mickey." She also asks for milk right away when she wakes up and I have to convince her she can't have it at 2am:)

No comments: