Monday, January 25, 2010

Sharing the News

I took the pregnancy test on Friday morning, January 8th. Of course I was itching to share the news right away, but actually held off until we went to see Mom and Dad that night. Mom even asked me on the phone if I had taken the test yet and I lied (that is how she found out about my pregnancy with Sophie). We stopped by there place before dinner and set up a picture with Sophie and then said "Sophie...say I'm going to be a big sister." As you can see, they were pretty excited! I had called Morgan and Amber on the way over knowing that Morgan had to work and we wouldn't see Amber that night. 

We were supposed to celebrate Don and Dustin's birthday on Saturday night, but because of illness we had postponed. Chad really wanted to wait to get everyone together, but I pushed for telling after church on Sunday. We set up the picture (it was actually Don's birthday) with Grant, Sophie and Nanny and Grandaddy. Then Chad said..."get Luke in the picture." So Jennifer got behind them (she is having a baby boy on March 12th if not earlier). Once he took that picture he said "get the other one in there." So I started making my way into the picture and you can see how surprised they were. Jennifer, being 8 months pregnant even peed on herself a little from the excitement (sorry Jen...it was way too funny). It is always fun sharing the good news with family and friends. 






1 comment:

TBG said...

sorry i'm so slow! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! That is such a wonderful blessing :)