Friday, January 1, 2010

Look Back at 2009...

This has been a great year - one of many "firsts". We had first words, first steps, first birthdays. Sophie's first year has flown by and I can't believe how much she has changed in such a short period of time. She has had a fun year with lots of events (all documented on the blog for everyone's viewing pleasure). We have said goodbye to Aunt Alli when she  left for Singapore for 3 years (although not too far away to keep us from talking on the phone and skyping). We have been to Dallas to visit Aunt Meghan twice and to celebrate her wedding. We found out Aunt Kristin and Jeff are expecting in March (a girl) when we met up with them in Chattanooga. We got to see Aunt Tara twice - once on her drive through on the way to LA and again when we visited her in California in late October. Sophie has been on three flights in her first year and I didn't take my first until spring break of my Junior year in college! 

We welcomed new family members into the world - Nathaniel was born in February and Trey in May. We found out we have more cousins on the way - Amanda is due in just a few weeks, Aunt Jennifer in March and Aunt Amber at the end of June. Forgive me if I am forgetting anyone...there are so many!

We lost Uncle Gary to a battle with cancer. Mamaw Rhea fought her battle with Stage IV lung cancer and is now in remission and has been since July. 

All in all it has been a great year and I have enjoyed every second with Sophie. I am loving being at home with her right now and thank Chad for supporting us during this time so that I have the opportunity. We are looking forward to 2010 and all the things it will bring:)

No comments: