Friday, September 9, 2011

Preparation for Sutton's Birthday

 A lot of work and planning went into Sutton's 1st Birthday Party. I don't really have to say it, but most of that was on Chad. I will take credit for suggesting a golf theme:) He took it and ran with it though:) Mom watched the kids all week and made chicken salad and vegetable soup (just for us to eat the house) and something else I can't remember right now. She did it all with both kids. Nanny and Grandpa let us host at their house (which meant work on their part). Chad had his dad, my dad, Matt and Dustin setting up tents and taping off the putt putt course. Everyone pitched in to make the party a hit!
Grandmama worked with Sutton on saying he is "1"

I baked the cakes the night before. This was around 11pm and Sophie was "helping". You can tell she is extremely tired, but I had to finish what I was doing before I could take her upstairs.

I turned my head for one second and she has the spatula in the cake trying to eat it! Luckily Chad was able to save it. Girl likes cake!

Sutton was up too during all the prep work. He crawled into his chair to have a little tea party:) Right after I took the picture he was crying because he couldn't get out!

Matt and Morgan came over Saturday morning to give Sutton his gift since Morgan had to work. Matt came to the party with Dad and even helped us with the set up.

Morgan got him a little Winnie the Pooh b/c she has nicknamed him Pooh Bear:)

No comments: