Friday, February 18, 2011

Cooper Smith's Arrival

Doesn't she look great! Just before she started pushing:)
 Cooper Smith Youell made his arrival at 12:42am on 2/18/2011. He weighed 7lbs 13ozs and was 20 inches long. I had talked to Carrie when she got home from work Thursday evening. She said she was having some contractions and a few other things had happened that made it seem that it wouldn't be too much longer. I happened to be at mom's (just down the road) when Carrie called to ask her to come watch Trey while they went to the hospital (she thought her water had broke). I ended up going over first while mom finished up the cake she had in the oven. Carrie was putting Trey to bed even though her water broke and she was having some contractions. She wanted to make sure he wasn't upset when she left. They left for the hospital around 8:30pm or so.
Papaw and Nana made it just in time!
 So I left when mom (and her friends Debbie and Jennifer) came over. By the time I got home and fed Sutton I got a text from David saying she was at a 7 already. I couldn't sleep at that point so I was on the computer trying to get caught up on the blog so I could post about Cooper Smith (took a little longer than I expected). At 11:45pm I got a text that said she was a 9 and at that point I decided to head on over to the hospital. I got there before she started pushing even though she was already at a 10 and they were just giving Cooper a little time to come down more. Carrie's mom, Mary Nelle, and David were there when he was born and I was in the waiting room when Aunt Joan and Big Dave got off the elevator and told me David called them just as they got out of the car to say he was born. They had driven from Sevierville as soon as Big Dave got home from working the clock at the high school basketball game.
Cooper Smith looks a lot like his big brother in this picture
 We went back to see the precious little boy and agree he definitely favors big brother Trey (expect for his head full of dark hair!).

Happy Grandmothers!


I bet Cooper Smith will be crazy about Papaw like Trey


So glad I got to be there for all the excitement (and to take pictures)

David got to carry him to the nursery to be cleaned up and checked out

Looking at his Daddy

The nurse was pretty serious about the measurement

Watching outside the nursery

Aunt KaKa got to love on him the next day

Look at all the hair!!!


He is just precious

1 comment:

Alli said...

He looks so much like Trey in that last picture! Congrats to Carrie and David.