Friday, January 21, 2011

The Secret to Watching 4 Kids...

Strap them all in!!! Mom was admitted to the hospital on Thursday night with a high heart rate and atrial fibrillation. Amber and I depend on her as a baby sitter so we didn't have anyone to watch our kids so we could go to the hospital on Friday so we planned to take turns with all four. I had them first and only watched them for about 3 hours (between the feedings for Sutton and Katelyn). It was a little hectic, but not too bad. Having them contained during lunch for the two older was the easiest.
Sophie and Karlee were in need of a nap so I called Nanny to see if she would mind coming to watch Sophie and Sutton so I could go to the hospital. I had a feeling a few more hours together without a nap would not be good.
Over the weekend Chad watched the kids while I spent some time with Mom at the hospital. Aunt Elizabeth watched the kids at her house on Monday and again for a few hours on Tuesday at our house so that I could see Mom. She was moved to ICU on Monday and stayed there until she got to go home on Thursday. Mom came home on the 27th and is on a lot of medication to keep her blood thin (to avoid a stroke when the heart is out of rhythm) and to keep it from going out of rhythm or get back to normal when it does. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this time.

No comments: