Saturday, January 29, 2011

Carrie's Sprinkle

Amber and I, along with two of Carrie's high school friends, hosted a "sprinkle" for Carrie and baby Cooper Smith on Saturday afternoon. We had desserts, including a chocolate fountain, cake and coffee punch (which is really amazing and I don't even like coffee). I volunteered to make the cake and flower arrangements - so y'all know who did most of the work:) I did make the cake (just boxed) and the icing (homemade buttercream), but Chad decorated. Everything turned out so cute and there was a good crowd of family and friends to share in this special time for Carrie. She is due February 26th and has been measuring two weeks ahead...he could be here soon!


Chad is so creative! I didn't even realize he spelled out boy on top until I was taking pictures:)



Aunt Devee and Lexie came down for the shower

Love this picture of Carrie's mom feeding her from the chocolate fountain

"Papaw" played with the kids outside. It was such a gorgeous day!

Sutton got some much needed Grandmama time and took about a 2 hour nap while she held him.

The hostesses with the mostest:)

Carrie's mom, Mary Nelle, made the bedding for this beautiful crib she found.

Carrie and David's house made for the perfect place to host a shower. lots of open space.

James brought Karlee over during the shower and the kids had so much fun playing together. Until Sophie wanted to help Carrie open gifts and not go outside with Karlee. Karlee is so sweet and Sophie just pushes her away.


"Papaw" or as most of my friends know him "Big Dave" got to meet Sutton for the first time. I can't believe Sutton is almost 5 months old and we haven't been to Sevierville with him yet.

Family picture

I have to post all the pictures I took of the family since this is the only way Aunt Joan gets to see them since Carrie stays behind on her blog:)


Carrie and her beautiful Mama!

No comments: