Friday, December 26, 2008

Smut Snatchers of The New Order


Christmas at Mammy's is definitely entertaining and quiet a production. Chad warned me before my first experience, but you just have to see it to understand. Before I came along, several family friends would come by just to watch. It isn't unusual for them to break out in song or have entertainment/skit breaks. Most of the time it is unrehearsed and spur of the moment. This year, Chad did a little preparation.

You may remember me mentioning us going to watch Tuna Christmas and Tuna Goes to Vegas in the beginning of December. Well, there is this character, Vera Carp, who is part of the Smut Snatchers of the New Order...you really have to watch the YouTube video to understand.



Anyway, Chad took what he knew about Vera and made up a little skit...I was impressed!

Some of you might notice the outfit because I wore it Sophomore year in College for my debutante mother daughter luncheon and then again for Easter and church that spring. It is sad, but I can't get the dress over my butt and hips right now and haven't worn it in years b/c it was too tight. It was actually in the yard sale side of the closet upstairs, but we are going to hang onto it now for costume purposes. Chad didn't have it zipped all the way to the top, but it looked pretty good on him...hopefully Sophie gets his skinny legs.

Chad had some help from the ladies he works with for the rest of his costume. Someone's daughter had a wig and another gave him clip on earrings. It was last minute so the ladies had their husbands bringing to work during the day. Chelsea brought him Deborah's glasses, Jennifer supplied the hose and he borrowed some of Mammy's shoes.

Chad surprised everyone b/c he snuck out the room during presents when no one really noticed and came in from the other side of the room. Most of them didn't even realize it was him at first and were trying to figure out who in the world was coming in. They quickly figured it out because we had all watched Greater Tuna 2 years ago for Mammy and Pappy's 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Notice the picture of Chad with his Aunt Deborah...I have always thought they look alike, but especially if he were a girl! If I get all fancy and figure out how to post our own videos I will put up his performance.




1 comment:

Amber said...

wow...that is to funny! I can't believe he can fit into that dress!!! Chad makes a pretty woman....scary!