Wednesday, December 17, 2008

And I thought I had everything I needed...


Sophie and I went to my 6 week check up on Wednesday December 17th. I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish while in Franklin/Nashville so it was going to be a long day. I packed lots of diapers and plenty of wipes, burp cloths and several changes of clothes (including and extra shirt and tank top for myself). Sophie is known to spit up so I figured I would be prepared. I also need to mention that I had noticed a change in Sophie's bowel movements and had called the Pediatricians office just to make sure it was normal. The nurse assured me that it was normal for babies to start absorbing more milk between weeks 4 and 6 and would have fewer bowel movements. She said some babies even went up to a week and to be ready when it did come because it could be messy. Anyway...Sophie had been going about once a day so I really hoped she would get hers out of the way before we went on our big adventure. No such luck.
She was great in the car and in the doctor's office. Everyone thought she was adorable...of course. I had fed her in the car before going into my appointment (this has become a frequent thing...very quick and easy). We went to the mall after the appointment and I decided to go to Amber's to feed her on the way to Nashville. Long story short...it was a good thing I did because as I was feeding her she had a big blow out. I didn't realize how bad it was going to be so I kept feeding her thinking I would give her a chance to finish. Then I felt something wet on my leg as I was burping her. It had gone up her back and out of the diaper onto my (new) jeans...through the jeans and to my underwear. Who knew I would need to pack underwear for myself!! Thank goodness Amber was there to help me b/c it was a real mess.
Sophie and I were able to finish the day by going to another mall and then to Eagleville for the Christmas play practice. We stopped by Nanny and Grandpa's and then got home around 10pm after leaving the house at 8:15am...It was a long day! Sophie was great (minus the little accident) and we (meaning me) are getting so much better at this going out by ourselves thing.

No comments: