Monday, December 29, 2008

A Love Story For Sophie


On Monday the 29th, Sophie and I made our first long trip together and went to Lexington, TN (2 hours West of Murfreesboro) to visit Aunt Alli. She was in Tennessee at her parent's house for a few days after Christmas and we worked it out to go visit and then drive her back to the airport in Nashville. Sophie got to meet Miss Joan, Mr. Allen and Nana. I had planned to leave Murfreesboro by 8am, but Sophie decided to start the morning early and wake up at 5am so I decided that I would just stay up and get ready to leave early. After being awake most of the morning she slept the entire way to Lexington...thank goodness. I fed her as soon as we arrived and she was wide awake and loving the attention.

Alli had mentioned that she had Sophie's Christmas present to give her, but I had no idea how great it was going to be to get it in person. Alli had written a book for Sophie!!! She wrote to Sophie "I want to tell you the story of how you came to be here. I was blessed to watch these two people find each other and fall in love. This is just one eyewitness account (which is, by definition, incomplete) of the love story that brought you into the world."

She had it published and you can buy A Love Story For Sophie online. It is so amazing!

Only Alli could have written this story (I know I had even forgotten some of the details she put in there). When Chad and I started dating I wrote Alli emails more often (now we just talk on the phone). Anyway...she had saved all the emails and spent lots of time going through them and putting our story together. She also planned ahead when she came up with the idea (must have been when I started talking to her about wanting a baby) and took notes when we talked so that she had direct quotes. She only had to ask Chad a few things and have him scan in a few pictures she didn't have digitally (he didn't ask any questions or tell me about it...so much better than I would've been). It still amazes me when I read the book (which I have done about 5 times already). This is going to be so great for Sophie to have when she grows up. Our great great grandchildren could be reading this story one day. I get a little emotional just thinking about it. Speaking of emotional, both Chad and my Dad got a little teary reading it. This was such an amazing gift!!! Thank you Alli!

The picture above is of the "book signing". It was very impromptu and wasn't announced in advance...sorry you had to miss it.

On the way to the airport we stopped to meet Ashley and Meg and I thought I would give you all an update on their growth in just a few weeks. Sophie was back to sleep at this point...she is like her Mama in the car.




1 comment:

TBG said...

that is the SWEETEST most thoughtful present. Alli wins the prize!