Sunday, August 21, 2011

Confessions of a 2 year old

Sophie has had a a bit of a problem taking Sutton's paci. It started happening about the time Grandmama started watching them...kind of a coincidence. We decided that she would not get to watch Mickey if she took his paci (she is seriously addicted so this was a big punishment). It got to the point that it didn't really bother her. She knew she wouldn't get to watch it, but wanted to suck the paci bad enough. Then she started lying about it. I would come home and ask her if she took his paci and she would look me straight in the eye and say that she didn't (of course Grandmama would tell me the truth).
It is kind of hard to tell a 2 year old not to lie when she doesn't even know what it means to lie. We told her that Jesus knows what she has done and it makes him sad when she doesn't tell us what really happened. She insisted that she had not taken his paci on this day (I knew she did) so we told her that Jesus knew the truth.
It wasn't long before I found her on the bed with the house phone. I asked her who she was calling and she said she was calling Jesus. She said she had to tell him that she took Sutton's paci. I guess that is a 2 year old's confession:)

No comments: