Monday, June 6, 2011

SonSurf Vacation Bible School

 Chad went above and beyond (as always) on the decorating for VBS. He spends many hours painting the backdrop in Mammy and Pappy's garage, but that is just the beginning. He was collecting things from family and church members for months before and it made a really cute beach setting.



Chad decorated my classroom. I helped Michael teach 1st and 2nd graders two of the five days. Let me just say that it is very hard to keep kids that age focused on a task!


Chad is all about the details. I think he had his dad cut these poles to use outside the church. Grandpa is good at doing little projects for Chad and not asking any questions!

Aunt Deborah set this picture up
 Sophie is just 2 1/2 and the starting age for bible school is 3, but since Chelsea was teaching the class and Michael, Mammy and Deborah were going to be there every day (and I was there 2 of the days) we decided to let her try it out. Chelsea and her other teachers say she did great. I only got to see her in the sanctuary time for music and at the end when she wasn't following directions as well, but I would say overall she did a great job. She really loved going and talked about "my teachers." She learned a few songs (of course she would sing them at home and not as much there). I look forward to many years of VBS to come!
Actually captured her doing the motions:)

No comments: