Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Remembering A Great Man

My Papaw Leroy (really Lee Roy, but I never realized this until just last year) passed away a year ago today (I tried to take a picture of a picture...sorry for the flash in the middle). He was a great man. My papaw loved his children and grandchildren and would do anything for us. I have many fond memories of my Papaw as we grew up. I can remember him pushing around in the wheel barrow when we were kids, supporting us in our sporting events, giving us the coins he collected in the side pocket of his truck, buying my first car. He was a man of few words, but when he said something he meant it. He also had a great sense of humor...must be where my mom gets it. Most of the time I didn't even realize he was teasing or telling a joke. He had such a way of delivering the joke that it would catch me off guard. I loved my Papaw more than anything and I miss him dearly. I know his health was so bad at the end and he was not himself and he is in a better place now. I still wish he could be here now (in good health) and see Sophie and Karlee. I miss him.

1 comment:

Amber said...

good post sis....we all miss him so much! He would be so proud of you as a mother! You are doing a great job!