Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Night In Her Crib

On Saturday, January 3rd, we put Sophie in her Nursery for the first night. We slept in the guest room across the hall and left both doors open (we haven't purchased monitors yet and I don't want to have to go up and down the stairs in the middle of the night). Anyway, that first night was great! I forget now what time we put her to bed, but it was probably between 10:30 and 11pm and she didn't wake up until between 5 and 6am. These are pictures of her when I went to feed her. She wasn't even crying out of control. I should have known this was too good to be true. Since I post these so long after they happen I can honestly say that she is doing much better now, but the next two nights after this were not as peaceful. I think part of the problem is that 3 minutes seems like 30 to me when I am exhausted and just want to sleep. One night I got up and down so many times to put her pacifier in her mouth that when I finally fed her (after 3 hours since her last feeding) I went downstairs to sleep on the couch by myself and left Chad to tend to her if she woke up. Of course he wakes me up in the morning and says that she went right to sleep and didn't wake up until then. I don't know if he can just sleep through it or if she really didn't cry. Sometimes I wonder the same about me when we go a full night without waking up. Anyway, for the most part, Sophie has been sleeping in her crib for 5 to 7 hours at night. Sometimes she falls asleep faster than others, but overall I think we have been truly blessed.

No comments: