Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Day Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work and I had to be at the office at 7am. It was "pouring the rain" (Chad makes fun of me describing the rain this way...I thought it was a normal phrase) and almost all the schools in the area had been called off because of freezing rain and ice that was on its way. Of course the rain stopped and the weather didn't end up as bad as they thought. I left the house around 6:15am and Chad took over until Grandmama came at 7:15am. Mom sent me pictures with texts throughout the day (I have no idea how she figured this out, but I loved it). When I got home around 5pm she had spaghetti cooked and sweet tea made. Sophie was happy and smiling and I was so glad to see her. I have to say that today was a little emotional. I had a few tears as I left, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was leaving her in her own home and I knew my mom ws going to be taking care of her. I also cried a little at work just being back in the office and Ernie not being there. For those of you who didn't know, my manager passed away in November after finding out he had pancreatic cancer just before Labor Day. He is remembered daily (especially since Sophie's pampers have Sesame Street characters and it always makes me think of him). I also cried when I got home - this time because of a deep appreciation for my mother and her being her in Murfreesboro with us as we start our families. I can't imagine her and dad being in Sevierville right now. I am so thankful for her watching Sophie (and cooking my dinner). It sure made my day a lot easier!

1 comment:

Christy Odom said...

I am thinking of you!!!! Call me if you need any moral support and we need to do J's soon!

love you!