Monday, February 22, 2010

My 10 week appointment

Aunt Morgan came with us to my doctor's appointment (thank goodness). By the time we made it back to the room she was getting tired. Aunt Annie works in the office and she gave her a big hug when we saw her. I got to have an ultrasound again since it was still too early to hear the heartbeat with the doppler. Sophie was having a complete melt down as it was happening...guess she got scared to see me laying back and not being able to be with me. I was so glad Morgan was there to take care of her and share in the excitement of seeing the baby moving around. We saws arms, legs, a strong, healthy heartbeat and a brain:) Dr. Scott says everything looks great! 

I had gained 1lb (not bad compared to the 10 I probably gained before I even had my first appointment). I am starting out a bit higher than I did with Sophie so I'm going to try and keep it under control. We'll see how that goes...I have a feeling I am going to get huge!

After the appointment we at lunch at Calypso with Aunt Morgan. We had the black bean salad and it was wonderful! I didn't realize they even had a Calypso in Cool Springs. I have a feeling that will be our lunch spot after appointments this time around. We stopped in Eagleville on our way home so that Morgan could meet Wyatt. Amanda and Aunt Joyce thought it would be a good idea if Sophie held Wyatt. I was a little nervous, but she did alright. She liked to pull his paci out and kept doing it after Amanda laughed at her. She got a little rough with him when she was ready to get him off her lap. Luckily I was standing right there. We let her feed him the bottle for a second, but I think she really wanted it so I had to end that. She loves her little cousin!

So I have been pretty nauseous with this pregnancy. I never threw up with Sophie but felt sick sometimes. I didn't think it was bad at all with her (although Chad says I complained everyday). I have thrown up once so far, but really have to hold back often. I have already started having heartburn (didn't start till last trimester with Sophie). Overall, I would say I feel worse this time, but I still don't think it is as bad as some morning sickness so I shouldn't complain.


No comments: