Thursday, February 4, 2010

15 Months Old

Sophie is changing so much everyday that I have to try and remember to tell y'all about the new things she does. She is eating by herself more and more. It is actually a battle sometimes to get her to let me "help" her...once again, very independent. She has started "dancing" now...so adorable! She holds out one arm and turns around in a circle. She will go to the refrigerator magnet that plays "She'll be coming round the mountain" and pushes it so she has music. She knows it is getting her some attention so it is easy to get her to do it on cue. 

I find out daily about new things she understands that I didn't realize. One day I said "let's do your laundry" and she went to her dirty clothes basket and started taking her clothes one by one to the area in front of the washer and dryer....I didn't even know she knew what I was talking about! So now she has to help me put them in the washer and dryer. She also knows what I am talking about if I ask her if she is ready to go somewhere. She walks to the coat rack and reaches up and then touches her head (she knows I put a hat on her when we leave). I really have to be careful not to say something if I'm not ready to do it right then. We are already having to spell things out. Like..."I am going to give her a b-a-t-h after she eats" or "should we put on b-a-r-n-e-y?" 

I'm not sure how much she weighs exactly, but she is definitely eating a lot more. She lets us know when she is hungry by putting her finger in her mouth...a sign for eat I think. She also goes straight to her high chair and reaches up (and whines a little). The cutest when she says "num num num." It sounds cuter than it looks written:) 

Our little baby is growing up. Definitely has a mind of her own and getting some strong opinions. Still sweet as ever. Laughing out loud and "winking." She is a mess. 

No comments: