Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Baby Shower for Cousin Luke


Chad and I put together a family shower for Jennifer and Brian on Sunday after church. There is no such thing as a "small" family shower with our group so there were around 50 people. Chad likes to entertain and wanted the control over everything so he only gave out a few things for others to bring. Uncle Michael brought his broccoli cheese soup, Grandpa made pimento cheese sandwiches and Aunt Jean made her wontons. Chad was busy on Saturday (I helped a little, but nothing compared to all he did). We had tomato basil soup, chicken salad sandwiches, hot spinach and artichoke dip, veggie pizzas, a strawberry and mango salad, fruit (in the watermelon baby stroller), cake and a yummy banana punch. I made the cake and Chad decorated it Saturday night after we got home from Eagleville. As you can see, he went with a blue and green argyle theme. He cut pieces of fabric to lay out argyles on the table and filled glass containers with pacifiers, blocks and baby toys for an extra touch. He is so creative! We had a great lunch and celebrated the upcoming arrival of baby Luke. The cousins had a great time playing together and Chad and I kind of forgot to watch Sophie too closely until she got blue dry erase marker all over her beautiful pink dress (I had just taken the tags off that morning). I was almost sick to think she had ruined the dress (and I didn't even get a good picture first). Chad has been working on getting the stain out...I will give an update later. 









No comments: