Friday, August 28, 2009

Uncle Dustin Proposes!!!!


On Friday evening Chad got a call from Aunt Jennifer (she had him on speaker phone). I was in the living room feeding Sophie and got a picture text from Andriana. It was a picture of a ring on her finger saying "Look what I just got." I calmly say..."Chad...come here" and he comes in the room, still on the phone, but with Uncle Dustin at this point. I was like...is this a joke??? I knew it was for real when I realized he was talking to Dustin and could hear the excitement in his voice. They wanted to hear my reaction through the phone when they were talking to Chad. I didn't give them the initial reaction they had expected because it was such a surprise that I thought maybe they were joking. Not that I didn't think they would get married...because I knew they would. Just that I thought for sure Dustin would have talked to Chad about it or we would have known when it was coming. But Uncle Dustin kept it a big surprise (Aunt Jennifer didn't even know). He proposed to her out on the tractor. They were both dressed to "go to town" that night but he had been out on the tractor riding Grant around before she got there and he said he wanted to show her something at the tobacco patch. The ring is gorgeous and we are so excited for the two of them. We went out on Saturday to see them and it ended up being a gathering of other family members to see the ring and congratulate the newly engaged couple. Looks like it may be a long engagement (Andriana still has two years left at MTSU) but no date has been set yet. 


No comments: