Thursday, July 14, 2011

Magical Moment at Walt Disney World...

After a full day at the Animal Kingdom, we decided to head to Epcot in hopes of catching Beauty and The Beast and letting Chad ride a few rides so we could just go to Hollywood Studios the next day before the drive home.
We just missed the Belle and the lines were really long for the rides Chad still wanted to do. We did enjoy the Nemo ride and Crush The Turtle talk.
Chad and I had split up to see if he could get one ride in before the park closed. It was almost 10pm and I was going back to meet up with Chad when we went by the windows of "The Character Spot" and Sophie saw "all her friends." She insisted that we go see them (even though we had seen the characters numerous times during the week...as you can see from all the pictures). I wasn't planning on letting her b/c there was still a bit of line and it was just minutes before the park closed. I stopped for a second to talk to Chad on the phone and she got out of the stroller and pulled out her knew Minnie ears and said that she really needed to show Minnie b/c she would like them. How could I not let her see them? As I was getting them out of the stroller they locked the door...luckily I talked the lady into letting us in...very sweet. Sutton had used the bathroom so I had to go back out and get the stroller and bag. There was one lady in front of us who was off duty, but worked there. She helped me watch Sophie while I went back out to get the stroller. Chad was watching the fireworks and just planned to meet up with us so I had the two of them by myself at the time.
We got to see Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Goofy. Chad got there about the time we got to Goofy. Sophie was loving seeing all her friends!





When we got finished with the picture with Goofy the lady taking pictures said we should move to the other section where the lighting was better. We followed Goofy and he started banging on the backdrop with both hands...Sophie joined him. Then all the other characters came from behind the wall to take a picture with us! I was so excited and could not believe we were getting a picture with all the characters at once in our own little private photo session (we were the last ones in line so it was just us and the workers). This was truly a magical moment:)

Sophie did the hot dog dance with her friends before we left! The funny thing is I think she didn't think it was such a big deal because she thinks of them as her friends and it just seemed like the natural thing to do.

No comments: