Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cricket County Christmas!

We had two performances of our Christmas play at church on Sunday. Chad directed the play and pretty much picked out who he thought should play each character. I guess I had to "audition" when Chad asked me to sing "O Little Town Of Bethlehem" in the car one day. I thought that my singing was a good answer to his question of whether or not I would want to sing in the Christmas play. Anyway, I didn't find out till we started practicing why he gave me the character he did. The play is about country cousins and city cousins coming together to find out about a rich uncle's will. As you can see from the pictures, I was a country cousin. I was Brenda Mae and my twin, Glenda Mae was played by Aunt Elizabeth. I was trying to win the Miss Cricket County Contest and in one part give them a preview of my talent portion and sing a made up song to the tune of "O Little Town of Bethlehem." Anyway, I'm not supposed to be a good singer (they set it up early in the play) so I guess I didn't have to do too much acting! The dress I'm wearing was actually my 8th grade prom dress. One of the ladies in the play took the seams out and added fabric on each side so I could actually fit more than one thigh! My mom and sisters got a kick out of it when I came out in the dress...they didn't know how in the world I got into it! We had such a good time and think everyone enjoyed the show. 












1 comment:

Alli said...

Oh my goodness that is hilarious! My favorite is the one with your mouth wide open!