Saturday, July 4, 2009

8 Months Old

Sophie turned 8 months old on the 4th of July. I estimate her weight to be about 16 1/2lbs and 26 1/2 inches long (I think it is the same estimate as last month). She might not have grown that much last month, but she has grown up a lot! She is soooo close to crawling. I haven't posted anything yet since she hasn't actually made the crawling move more than once. It is more like an inch worm. She gets up on her feet and put her butt up in the air then gets on her belly and inches forward. She sure can get from one place to another fast without crawling...especially when it means getting into something she isn't supposed to. She really like standing up better than anything. She likes to stand up on her toys and still bend down and play with them. This has resulted in a couple of falls, but so far she seems pretty tough and hasn't cried too much. We borrowed a bound piece of carpet rug from Jennifer and Brian so now Sophie has a place to play while we are watching TV. It is great because she was really getting antsy and not wanting to just sit. I can't believe we are already to this point. 
Sophie is waving bye bye to everybody now...even strangers. It is so cute! She also says dada often. I could have sworn she was saying paddy cake paddy cake the other night, but I'm sure she was just babbling. She like to clap (her version of a clap) like paddy cake when I have her laying down and changing her diaper. This comes from Nanny because I know she does paddy cake with her when she changes her. 
Sophie is getting much better at eating. There aren't nearly as many sputtering messes these days. I think one of her favorite foods would be mango. I can mix it with anything (even green beans and carrots) and she will eat it up. I guess it is strong enough to mask the taste she doesn't like. Just in the last little bit she has tried yogurt, tofu and tahini - both a little out of the ordinary, but suggestions for protein from the Super Baby Food book we use. I guess those are the new things going on in Sophie's life.







No comments: