Friday, June 12, 2009

Bonnaroo 2009 - Let me explain...

IT WAS FOR WORK
For those of you who don't know about Bonnaroo...it is a huge music festival in that happens once a year in Manchester, Tn (about 30 miles South of Murfreesboro). People from all over the country drive to this small town to spend 4 days camping and listening to big names from all genres. It tends to be a "different" crowd with rumor of lots of illegal substances. It is definitely not my scene, but the company I work for rents the production company all the equipment used to set up and tear down for the event. We have a mechanic from two different branches stay onsite during the event and for the past two years I have had to deliver parts at some point (it happens to fall in my "territory"). Anyway, this year Tosh came out to meet me at the Starbucks (notice we went through the drive-thru in the Mule) and I parked and went inside with him and got the tour for a few hours. It was great to see the crazy things but not be stuck in all the chaos. Drunk girls falling in the mud, a parade, boob painting tent and even a few kids in the mix. Don't worry...I was just taking pictures and didn't partake in any of the craziness. I'm glad I got to see what this thing was all about, but can't say that I would ever want to attend. Enjoy the pictures!










No comments: