Sunday, June 28, 2009

3rd Day at the Beach

Grandpa made pancakes and sausage for breakfast - one of his Sunday morning specialties. (Oh...this was Sophie's 34th Sunday in her life and the first time she hasn't been to church. We plan to make up for it next week with a community revival. 

We spent the morning hours at the beach and went back out after lunch and a quick nap. C
had got out the long lens and we experimented with some action shots in the ocean. I know it seems almost wrong that we had her out there, but it wasn't that bad and she never even got scared. It did get a little rough out there, but I think it was fun for her. I got a kick out of the crazy faces and moves I was making. You would think I could stop the water from reaching her the way I had my arms spread out.

We did spend a little time in the pool for the first time. Sophie is just a little water baby. She kicks and moves her arms just like she could swim if we let go. She loved watching Uncle Dustin go under the water and pop back up. It was like a water game of peek-a-boo for her. She was laughing out loud.

We stayed out and played and then went in and got ready to go. We left at 7pm and got home just before 2am. I planned to take off on Monday and Chad had to get back to work so we drove in shifts. I had the last couple of hours while he slept. It worked out great for me b/c I could talk to Alli (who is living in Singapore with a 12 hour time differe
nce). We talked for 1 hour and 45 minutes...the whole time I was driving in the end. This is one time that the time difference is a great thing:) Sophie slept for over five hours once I fed and her and we got on the interstate. The last picture is when I went to get her out and found the water bottle with her. She had woke up a little on 840 when we were almost home and I guess this was Chad's way of calming her down.
















No comments: