Friday, April 10, 2009

We Survived the Storm

Tornadoes came through Murfreesboro today around lunchtime. I was working in Murfreesboro and Mom was watching Sophie at our house. I hadn't even heard about the storms until I was driving down Medical Center Pkwy and heard the National Weather Service update about two other counties (not Rutherford). I didn't think too much about that, but then I got a call from Jennifer, my sister in law. She tends to get a little worked up when there is a storm, but I was very thankful for the warning. I had also called a customer of mine to see if he was at the office so I could stop by. He called me back and told me to get home that the weather was getting bad...so thankful for those who were looking out for me. Anyway, it got bad shortly after I got to the house. Mom and I had the news on both TVs and Mom got the guest bathroom ready in case we had to take cover. Our house was fine, but there was  a lot of damage in Mom and Dad's neighborhood and major damage just down the street. Thank goodness everything was okay at their house. Morgan was at the mall and safe and my Dad was in Mt Juliet working. Everyone is okay. Once the news stations started covering the damage we realized how bad the tornadoes really were. Thanks to everyone who called to check on us. 



No comments: