Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Don't Want To Nap


I stayed home from work on Tuesday and spent the day with Sophie. I knew that her grandmothers had said she wouldn't sleep by herself for her naps and that they needed to hold her to get her to sleep, but I was determined to prove them wrong. My child had no problems sleeping for the first 2 1/2 months of her life. We had to try to wake her up for pictures most of the time. I have to say that they were right about this one. She would not go to sleep. It wasn't that she was fussy the entire time, she would just lay there and play or coo and babble. She just doesn't want to miss out on anything. I thought I would get a lot done staying home, but I spent most of my time trying to make her sleep. I finally gave in and held her for about 45 minutes so she could take a nap midday. Then I had to get ready so that Chad and I could go to see a show with Amber and James (We went to the Boiler Room Theatre to watch My Fair Lady). Anyway, by the time I needed to get ready she was so exhausted and fussy. I sat her in front of the TV to watch cartoons for a while and that worked, but the first picture is what happened when I laid her down to nap on her own. I don't understand her not napping. I thought for sure she would be like her Mama and love to nap. Guess her Daddy is rubbing off on her. She is still sleeping well at night despite about a week of waking up once to eat during the night (the books say it is a growing spurt). Now she is back to sleeping from about 10-10:30pm until 5:30-6:30am. We are truly blessed!

No comments: