Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Catching up







It has been a while since the last post. Probably because "Daddy" went back to work last Monday. On a side note - It always kind of bothered me when a married couple referred to each other as Mom and Dad, but it just happened once Sophie came. I guess I rarely called him Chad anyway...mostly Babe or Baby. Now when I refer to "Daddy" it means Chad and not my Dad...just FYI.
Viral, Tyler and Misty came to visit Sophie on Saturday night. She slept most of the time, but they had a good visit.

We took Sophie to church on November 16th for the second time out of the house. I need to take this time to say that Chad is amazing and there is no way we could ever make it to church on time (or at all) without him. All I do is get up, feed her and then get myself ready. He gives Sophie a bath, dresses her and packs her diaper bag so that she is ready to go when I am.

Chad went back to work on Monday and Sophie and I survived our first day alone. We slept a lot when Daddy went to work so the day went by fast. I did manage to get a shower before Chad came home from work.

I did find out some sad news on Monday. My manager passed away on Sunday evening. He found out that he had pancreatic cancer the weekend before Labor Day and had been in and out of the hospital since then. I had gone to the hospital to see him the Wednesday before Sophie was born. The doctors had told him the cancer had spread and there was nothing they could do. They sent him home and called in Hospice. I knew that things that things weren't going well, but it was still a shock that it had happened so soon. We took Sophie to the memorial service at his church on Tuesday night. It was a sad day.

Aunt Tara came into town Tuesday night and I picked her up from the airport after the service. She got to spend lots of time with Sophie and left on Monday morning. Unfortunately I started feeling sick on Wednesday and spent most of the day in bed. On Thursday I called my Doctor and got on an antibiotic for mastitis (which was causing flu like symptoms). Aunt Amber and Cousin Karlee came over that morning and went to the grocery store for us and made dinner.

I had a hair appointment for Thursday afternoon and still went out to Eagleville to get it done even though I wasn't feeling so great. Sophie had her first visit to Aunt Joyce's Beauty Shop.

1 comment:

Alli said...

The aside about who "Daddy" is now is very funny.