Thursday, September 24, 2009

What Sophie Is Up To These Days...

Sophie is doing so many little things that I want to document so I can remember them later when it isn't such a big deal anymore. She has gotten really good at doing things on command so we show off her "tricks" often just to show how smart our little munchkin is:) So many things are changing fast so I thought I would share a few...

1)Pushing things around the house (as seen above). Walks behind her shopping cart and anything else she can move on her own. 

2) "Coughs Like Grandmama". Hard to explain, but she started mimicking my Mom when she was trying to get her to cough when she got a little strangled on water. So now all we have to say is "Cough like Grandmama" and she does it on command.

3) Claps her hands when we say "Yay". She started associating the two since we clap and say yay to her when she does something good. She will also do pat-a-cake when we say it.

4) Clicks her tongue when she wants more food or sees us eating something she wants (Nanny taught her this one).

5) Gives us kisses (open mouth and slobbery). Love them:)

6)Motions with her hands to "Come Here". Grandmama taught her this one. When we say "Do you want to go see Karlee (or Grant)" she puts her little hands in front of her and motions for them. I didn't realize she associated it with the word "Come here" until I was trying to get her away from the plant and telling her to come to me and she stopped what she was doing and motioned for me. It is amazing what she picks up on...gotta be careful. 

7)Eating some things on her own. Loves waffles, deli meat and shredded cheeses. It is a lot easier and I can actually get things done while she eats. Still working on working in the vegetables and fruits this way. Maybe I'm just hesitant because it is soooo messy!

8)Fake eating? She acts like she is picking things up out of her toys or an empty bowl and pretends to eat. It really scared us at first when we thought there must have been something in the bottom of her shopping cart that she wasn't supposed to be eating. After being around Mom with her I realized that she pretend eats with her and that is where she learned this little game. Her Daddy told her that only Grandmama eats out of the shopping cart at the store:)

I can't believe how much she is learning everyday. She is just so sweet and happy!

No comments: