Saturday, June 11, 2011

Nissan Golf Tournament

 On Saturday I played in a golf tournament with my Dad, James and David. Dad has been working at Nissan (technically for Yates) since February and he got our team together for their golf tournament at Pine Creek golf course in Mt. Juliet. It was an early morning (supposed to be there at 6:30am) for a 7:30am shot gun start (I got there just before 7am). There were 144 players...2 teams starting on all 18 holes. Needless to say, it was a long day!!! It was a best ball tournament and a 2 stroke putting limit so we played quickly, but had to wait on the teams in front of us quiet a bit.
We had a great time and ended up winning 1st place in the 3rd flight which put us pretty much right in the middle as far as the scores go (there were 4 flights and everyone was placed). We each won $100 gift certificate to the golf course, but I don't know that I will be going back anytime soon. I love playing, but now that I've got kids it will take a lot for me to give up that much time with the family on a weekend.
I had good intentions of getting someone to take a picture of all 4 of us together, but that never happened. It was really fun to be out with the family. I love playing golf with my Dad! He is such a patient and easy going golfer. He has always been so encouraging and excited about my golfing. He is my biggest cheerleader:)

No comments: