Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sutton is 7 Months Old!

 I can't believe Sutton is already 7 months old (just had to change the title because I put 6 months first). He is growing up so much each day. He has started babbling "bye bye bye bye" and "ma ma ma ma." It is so fun to watch Sophie get excited when Sutton does something new. She said "he said bye bye...he wants to go somewhere." When I asked where he wanted to go she said "Grandmama's."
 He is getting around real fast. Not exactly crawling...more like an army crawl. He knows what he wants and goes after it. At the beginning of this month I noticed that he was sitting up after being on his stomach. At first I thought maybe Sophie was helping him, but then I saw him doing it on his own. Now he is pulling up on things and getting on his knees. I don't remember this happening so quickly with Sophie.
We started feeding Sutton baby food at 6 months. We are making it again (like we did for Sophie). I started with a rice cereal (didn't make that). He seems to like it and did a good job eating from the start. We spent a few days trying bananas and then sweet potatoes. I was pretty much just feeding him just once a day and then the microwave broke and I slacked off. When I discussed feeding him baby food with our pediatrician at his 6 month appointment I told him I was concerned that he wasn't nursing well and got distracted easily. He said the main source of nutrition comes from the milk and the food was just for practice right now. Anyway...trying to get back on track this week (got a new microwave). Chad made some mango baby food (on sale at Kroger 2 for $1) and he seems to like them a lot (just like his sister did).

Sutton continues to have such a sweet personality. He smiles and laughs and is generally a very happy baby. He loves his sister and she can get him laughing with the simplest thing. Sometimes he laughs at her when she is doing something she shouldn't and when I tell her to stop she says "he's laughing at me" as if that makes it ok:)

No comments: