Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday

Mammy and Pappy came over for a little while in the morning. I gave Sutton a bath (my first time) since we realized the night before we hadn't given him one since Saturday morning...oops. Guess that is part of being the second child:) 
Katie and Nate brought over Camino for lunch. I have missed our mexican lunches since I have had Sutton. It was such an enjoyable time and I think this may be the way to go from now on. We could let the kids down to play when they were finished and we could take our time talking and eating (and feeding Sutton at the table wasn't a problem). 
Sophie laid down on the couch for a nap after they left and she actually fell asleep by herself and slept for about an hour and a half. I took advantage of this and Sutton and I napped on the other couch...it felt great!!! 
The night time routine didn't go as well when we put her to bed. She has been so good about going to bed and rarely cries or has any problems. If she has cried it was for a reason and we check on her quickly. This time nothing was wrong when Chad went to check, but she was crying pretty hard so he brought her downstairs for a while. Then he took her back and it happened again. After about 20 minutes he went up b/c we were watching the monitor and she was standing up and also gagging and almost throwing up. He rocked her for a little while and fell asleep. When he put her back in the crib she started again. He came back down and held Sutton while I watched the monitor. I couldn't resist the picture when he fell asleep with the bobby pillow on his head. I got Sophie one time and changed her diaper and put her back finally letting her cry it out until she fell asleep (another 20 or 30 minutes). After it was all done, she had cried off and on from 8:15-11:15pm. I had just been bragging to Aunt Joan earlier that day that we were so blessed that she was still going to bed and sleeping through the night...spoke too soon. 
The next night she cried again, but we just left her and she finally went to sleep after about 30 minutes. The next night she was back to normal...thank goodness!!!

No comments: