Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sophie Jo and Sutton

This was a picture from this morning. We didn't even plan to match their pjs...I just noticed when I got her out of bed:) 
I was talking to a friend this today and she was asking if I could tell that Sophie and Sutton are different babies already. It is hard to remember Sophie being so little and Chad and I have actually questioned whether or not Sophie did certain things. Right off I thought Sutton was more awake and alert the first few days of his life. The day he was born he ate every time I offered and I remember Sophie being so hard to keep awake...even to eat. The first few nights at home Chad and I switched off sleeping with him on the couch. We couldn't remember if we had to do that with Sophie in the beginning...all we remember is that she did a good job of sleeping in the cradle for the most part...how did we do that? On Sunday and Monday night he actually slept in the cradle all night besides for feedings (went back to sleep easily). Tuesday night was not as smooth, but I think he might have some congestion making him uncomfortable.
One big difference is that Sutton isn't spitting up (at least not yet). Sophie spit up all the time and it is so nice not to have to worry about that. The nursing is going well. I thought he was going to take a long time since it was 45 minutes to an hour for the first 3 or 4 days, but once my milk came it is more like 20-25 minutes...much more doable. He burps almost every time (Sophie never really did). He is sleeping more during the day...could be because he has a full tummy. I also forgot how often you have to change diapers for a newborn. I think he poops every time he eats!
Oh...Chad went back to work today and it was the first day I have even picked up Sophie since I had Sutton. It feels like she has grown so much! I know she couldn't have gained that much weight in a week (especially being sick) but I guess it is just going from 7lbs to a toddler. She is growing up so fast! 

1 comment:

Pam said...

Cuties....my 3rd grandson arrived Monday so I will be playing with him and my camera tomorrow!