Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How Sophie is Handling Things...

Many of you may be wondering how Sophie is adjusting to baby brother being here. I thought things were going so well when we were in the hospital. She loves Sutton and wants to love him and give him hugs...don't think I have to worry about any jealousy or anything. She is, however, going through something. I would like to blame it on the fact that she has been sick, but it might have happened anyway. She definitely has her paci more than we had been allowing before. We are partly to blame since we let her have it more when she was sick and just laying around. She also watches way more Mickey than we would like. Not only does she beg for Mickey, but she also requests certain episodes...oh the joy of Tivo. 
There have definitely been some meltdowns, but nothing too bad (except the one documented by this picture). She cried so hard for almost 30 minutes...pitiful. I think she forgot what she even started crying for and I think it was because we tried to tell her she couldn't have her paci. I hope we can get her back to normal soon. We just have to get on some kind of routine and find other things to keep us busy besides watching TV! Still hoping this is all just part of her being sick and not feeling good, but I have a feeling we will have a new "normal" to deal with.

No comments: