Friday, September 10, 2010

Dear Sutton...

Today would have been a good day to make your appearance. Aunt Alli surprised us with a visit (from West TN/Singapore). Sophie and I were napping on one couch (Grandmama on the other) when there was a knock on the door. You can imagine my confusion when I see Alli and her mom, Ms. Joan, standing there. She had known she would be in town for about 2 weeks but had kept it from me. Her plan was to be there when you were born, but they have an appointment on Monday and changed her flight back till next Sunday (so she will see you before she leaves for sure). Alli is living in Singapore right now (for those of you who don't know) but they drove here just for the evening to see me from West TN where her parents live (she didn't come all the way to the US just for us, but it does work out perfectly with your arrival). 
If you come tonight or tomorrow you will also be able to meet Aunt Joan and cousin Devee because they will be in town. Grandaddy has to be in Colorado on Monday morning (and has to drive) so you are about to wait too long so that he isn't there when you are born:(

I thought for sure I would go into labor last night. I was definitely feeling worse. Lots of contractions (probably braxton hicks) but they weren't consistent or getting stronger. I also had a lot of lower back pain and felt like you were about to fall out. I went to bed and then in typical Jodi style had no trouble sleeping. Today Aunt Amber brought Karlee and Katelyn over to play. Aunt Morgan and Grandmama also came over and kept Sophie entertained so I could rest. Guess you are just going to hold out till Monday now. Tomorrow isn't the best date to have as a birthday 9/11 was a very significant date in our history. At this point I just want you to be healthy and arrive when you are ready. I am getting a little nervous about how big you might be based on the size of my stomach, but you do make a good desk for writing thank you notes (see the last picture).



2 comments:

Pam said...

Any day now I am sure.

grandmama said...

My beautiful daughter,when I looked at you writing thank you notes.I though it was a picture of me,when I was 30.JUST SAYING!!!