Saturday, September 18, 2010

Best Daddy In the World:)

Chad has been absolutely amazing during this past week and half (not that I expected anything else or that he isn't always). He has been so attentive and patient with Sophie when I haven't been able to give her as much attention as usual. When we were in the hospital my mom was watching Sophie at our house and would bring her to the hospital each day to see us (and for mom to see Sutton). Anytime Sophie was at the hospital Chad took care of her and would take her to eat and even spent the afternoon at the mall with her just to get her out of the room for a bit (and give my mom a chance to visit with Sutton). When we got home he was so good with her as he included her in everything he was doing. He cooked dinner the first night and I could hear him in the kitchen (as I was in the living room feeding Sutton) as he let her help make the mashed potatoes and lima beans. She had fun and he got things done. He has colored with her, played with play dough and even made homemade bubbles to blow outside. I have to say that he is better than I am with finding activities to do with her...I think I learned a lot from him this week:) 
Chad has also had to take care of Sophie while she was sick (I think he changed 9 diapers the first day she had the stomach bug not to mention the two times she threw up). He also changed Sutton almost every time and took care of his little circumcision. Chad is also in charge of baths at this point. He is so much more at ease handling a newborn during the diaper changes, swaddling and baths than I am. I just can't say enough about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband and amazing father to our children.

1 comment:

grandmama said...

Jodi well said.Everybody that knows Chad, knows this is so true!Thank you Chad for all you do.We love this little Lamb family.grandmama&grand-daddy